Peachy Iced Tea
Balancing the tannins in strong brewed tea with pieces of fresh summer fruit and sweet fruit nectar creates an exceptionally refreshing beverage.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Tote it in a Thermos or ice-filled, tightly capped plastic pitcher to your picnic spot. For a variation, substitute blackberry juice, blueberry juice or bilberry nectar for peach nectar, and try blackberries for peaches.
- 5 black tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups peach or apricot nectar
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- Ice cubes, optional
- Mint sprigs for garnish, optional
1. Steep tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags.
2. Combine brewed tea and nectar in large pitcher. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups peaches. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours or overnight.
3. Put remaining peach slices into individual glasses. Add ice cubes, if using, and pour in tea. Garnish with mint sprig, if desired.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 80
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g