This soft serve, no-churn ice cream is reminiscent of Elvis Presley’s favorite snack—a peanut butter and banana sandwich. The recipe is a good way to use up over-ripe frozen bananas and it is easy enough for kids to make. If you’re stuck for topping ideas, try melted no-sugar jam, salted chopped peanuts, and whipped cream.
More Frozen Desserts:
- 5 ripe bananas, peeled, broken into one-inch pieces and frozen
- 5 Tbs. smooth peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- Place bananas and peanut butter in food processor. Process about 2 minutes. Push ingredients back down and break up any frozen bananas. Process another 1–2 minutes. Give mixture a good stir, and process again until you have smooth soft-serve cream.
- Serve right away with toppings of your choice. Store extra in freezer and let sit on the counter for 5 minutes to soften.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 85 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g