Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Best Sugar Alternatives
Erythritol, monkfruit, stevia, inulin, and allulose work best in these recipes. When the recipe calls for confectioners’ sweetener, try using your blender to pulverize the no-calorie granulated sweeteners into a fine powder.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment.
- Stir almond flour and pecan meal together, add maple sugar, baking powder, salt, ¼ cup butter, egg, vanilla or almond extract, orange zest, cinnamon, and chopped pecans.
- Turn dough out onto the baking sheet. Form into a ²/³-inch x 14-inch log with slightly rounded sides.
- Bake 12 minutes. Turn pan, and bake 12–14 minutes more, until light touch doesn’t indent dough.
- Remove from oven and let sit 30 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 250°F.
- After dough has cooled, slice into 18 slices, and place cut-side down onto baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes and turn over carefully. Turn off oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container to keep cookies crisp.
- Calories 80
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 60 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g