Penne with Dark Leafy Pesto and Roasted Squash Recipe
Penne with Dark Leafy Pesto and Roasted Squash. Penne is a good pasta choice with pesto because the sauce gets into the grooves of the tubes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more homemade pesto sauce recipes: Spring Green
- 3 yellow squash, quartered and sliced ½-inch thick
- 3 zucchini, quartered and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 oz. penne or other medium-size pasta (1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup Dark Leafy Pesto
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss yellow squash and zucchini with oil, and spread on one or two large baking sheets. Roast 20–25 minutes, or until vegetables are browned, tossing once or twice.
- Meanwhile, cook penne according to package directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- Toss penne with pesto and reserved cooking water. Divide among bowls, and top with squash.
- Serving Size 1 Cup
- Calories 222
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 25 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g