The tropical flavors of coconut and pineapple unite in this refreshing, nutrient-packed beverage.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This smoothie uses cream of coconut for rich coconut flavor. Don’t mistake it for coconut milk, which is not sweetened.
For more smoothie recipes, see: 6 Fruity Smoothies
3/4 cup skim milk
1 cup nonfat frozen vanilla yogurt
2 Tbs. cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez)
2 cups fresh pineapple, diced and partially frozen
1½ cups crushed ice cubes
Fresh pineapple wedges for garnish
- Pour milk into blender.
- Add yogurt, cream of coconut, pineapple, and ice.
- Blend until ice is incorporated and very fine, about 30 seconds.
- Stop and stir if blender slows or stalls.
- Garnish each serving with pineapple wedges.
- Calories 130
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 1.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 70 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g