Pink Punch Smoothie
This blend with beets oxygenates and mineralizes the blood for a dynamic detox. There’s also powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties from the grapefruit, pineapple, and strawberries. With loads of fiber, this is a colon cleansing crusader, too.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you prefer, substitute unfiltered cranberry juice or apple juice for pomegranate (with apple, it will be much sweeter); and spinach, kale, chard, bok choy, or radish greens for the beet greens. For more delicious smoothie recipes, see: Super Summer Smoothies from The Blender Girl. Recipe reprinted from The Perfect Blend by Tess Masters.
Pink Punch Smoothie Recipe
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- ½ tsp. probiotic powder
- 1 cup peeled (pith removed), seeded, and chopped red grapefruit
- ½ cup loosely packed beet greens
- ½ cup peeled and diced (or grated for conventional blenders) raw beet
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus more to taste
- ½ small avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- Alcohol-free liquid stevia, to taste
- 1 Tbs. flaxseed oil or chia seed oil
- 1 Tbs. freeze-dried pomegranate powder
- 1 Tbs. chia seeds (black or white)
Throw juice, probiotic powder, grapefruit, beet greens, beet, rosemary, and boosters into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until ingredients are pulverized. Add avocado, strawberries, and pineapple, and blast for another 30 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Add rosemary and sweetener to taste. Enjoy immediately for the most balanced flavor.
- Calories 274
- Carbohydrate Content 56.5 g
- Fat Content 6.3 g
- Fiber Content 7.9 g
- Protein Content 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 69 mg
- Sugar Content 43.5 g