For more about this recipe: Eating for Thick, Healthy Hair.
Recipe from our sister publication, Cuisine at Home.
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or apple juice
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. plum jam
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. five-spice powder
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 Tbs. sunflower oil
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 bunch bok choy, ribs bias-sliced and leaves cut into ribbons
- 2 cups scallions (3-inch pieces)
- 2 cups trimmed sugar snap peas
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 cups sliced fresh plums
- 2 Tbs. chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Whisk together sherry, broth, jam, soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, five-spice powder, and cornstarch. Add chicken, and toss to coat.
- Coat wok with nonstick spray. Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Remove half of chicken from marinade, and stir-fry until brown, 2–3 minutes. Transfer to plate, and repeat with remaining chicken. Reserve marinade.
- Remove wok from heat, coat with nonstick spray, and return to heat. Add ginger, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add bok choy ribs and scallions, and stir-fry 2 minutes more. Add peas and bok choy leaves, and stir-fry 2 minutes more.
- Return chicken and reserved marinade to wok and heat until marinade thickens. Add sprouts and plums, and stir-fry 1 minute. Garnish with peanuts.
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 60 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 500 mg
- Sugar Content: 25 g