This Pumpkin Golden Milk Smoothie Is the Anti-Inflammatory Sip That Will Energize You
This Pumpkin Golden Milk Smoothie makes you feel good from the inside out. Ginger is the surprise superstar in this anti-inflammatory drink.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If your ginger root is older or stringy, grate a 2-inch chunk, gather the gratings, and squeeze them hard with your hand over the blender to extract the juice. Discard the stringy pulp.
- 8 oz. chilled unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup cooked pumpkin (unsweetened canned or fresh puree)
- ½ large cored sweet apple, unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cooked cannellini beans (if canned, drain and rinse)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional
- 2 tsp. coconut oil or MCT oil, or 1 Tbs. avocado, optional
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root (or ¾ tsp. ground turmeric)
- ½–1 inch peeled fresh ginger root (or ¾ tsp. ground ginger)
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2–3 grinds fresh black pepper
- Few drops vanilla stevia or 1–2 soft, fresh pitted dates, to taste for added sweetness
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until very smooth.
- Serve at room temperature, or slightly warmed over low heat.
For more about this recipe: Secret Ingredient Smoothie.
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3.5 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 320 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g