This Provençal dish is a favorite throughout France, where large wedges of pumpkin are sold at vegetable markets in the fall and winter. If you don’t have fresh sage, substitute 1 Tbs. dried rubbed sage.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 2 1⁄2-lb. pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (2 1⁄2 Tbs.)
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9×13-inch baking dish or gratin dish with cooking spray.
2. Toss pumpkin with garlic, parsley, sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to baking dish, and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake 1 hour, or until pumpkin begins to soften and brown around the edges, stirring occasionally. Toss with cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake 15 minutes more, or until top is golden brown.
- Calories 170
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 167 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g