Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Dark chocolate not only adds a richness to these cakes, but studies show that dark chocolate consumption reduces stress and inflammation, while improving memory, immunity, and mood. So, really, you can feel good about your intake of these decadent treats!
Plus, you can prepare these a few days in advance and keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake.
- Melt chocolate in heat-resistant bowl placed in hot water. Add butter in pieces, and stir until mixture is smooth and even.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl. Stir in syrup and flour. Stir chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- Butter 8 ramekins. Spoon in batter, filling each ramekin ¾ full. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place ramekins in oven, and bake 15 minutes.
To serve: using small knife, cut along edges of each cake, turn ramekin over, and let cake fall into your hand. Place cakes on serving platter or cake plate. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
Recipe excerpted from Cooking With Marika: Clean Cuisine from an Estonian Farm, by Marika Blossfeldt.
- Calories 450
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 155 mg
- Fat Content 36 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 21 g
- Sodium Content 230 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g