From article: Southern (Italian) Style
- 4 servingsServings
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 ear white corn, kernels cut off (about ¾ cup of kernels)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbs. Meyer lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan, and add quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes.
- Steam sugar snaps until just past crunchy, about 90 seconds. Rinse in cold water, and cut in half.
- Toss together quinoa, sugar snaps, corn, and parsley with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Calories: 1150
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g