Quinoa with White Corn, Sugar Snaps, & Italian Parsley
From article: Southern (Italian) Style…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
From article: Southern (Italian) Style
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 ear white corn, kernels cut off (about ¾ cup of kernels)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbs. Meyer lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan, and add quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes.
- Steam sugar snaps until just past crunchy, about 90 seconds. Rinse in cold water, and cut in half.
- Toss together quinoa, sugar snaps, corn, and parsley with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Calories 1150
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 10 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g