Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
This power-packed breakfast has twice as much colon-healing fiber as oatmeal. We combined it with raspberries to protect against colon cancer and papaya to boost digestion and ease inflammation. Substitute mango if you don’t like papaya. Coconut milk and hemp seeds add creaminess and healthy fats; for more serving options, top with chopped cashews, pumpkin seeds, and/or toasted coconut flakes.
For more about this recipe: 7 Fiber-Rich Foods to Protect Your Colon
- Bring 2 cups salted water to a vigorous boil in small suacepan. Slowly whisk in oat bran. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Whisk in coconut milk and honey or agave. Simmer 1 minute longer, until thick and creamy.
- Divide between two bowls, and top with raspberries and papaya. Sprinkle with hemp seeds, and serve immediately.
- Calories 180
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 590 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g