- 1½ lbs. halibut, cut into four pieces
- 3 Tbs. Juka’s Organic Red Palm Oil, divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped brown onion
- 1 tsp. minced serrano pepper (optional, if you like a little heat)
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 15-oz. can organic black beans, drained
- 6 oz. baby spinach leaves
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place halibut on foil-lined baking pan, drizzle with 1 Tbs. red palm oil. Roast until opaque and flaking, 12–16 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
2. Meanwhile, in large saucepan heat remaining 2 Tbs. palm oil over medium heat. Add onions, serrano pepper, and turmeric, and sauté until onions are translucent about 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Add black beans, and stir until heated through. Increase heat to medium-high, stir in spinach in handfuls and cook until just wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Divide black bean mix among four plates, top each with one piece of fish, sprinkle cilantro over the top, and serve.
- Calories: 470
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 95 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 45 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 650 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g