Roasted Pear-Butternut Soup
For more about this recipe: Cream of the Crop: 5 Fall Superfoods to Feast On Now…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Cream of the Crop: 5 Fall Superfoods to Feast On Now
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 4 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 1 Tbs. grapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 pears, cored and sliced into 1-inch wedges
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain cashew milk or almond milk
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss squash, onion, and garlic with oil and salt. Spread on baking sheet, and roast 25 minutes. Add pears to baking sheet and continue roasting until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place broth, cashew or almond milk, roasted vegetables and fruit, maple syrup, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne in blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Blend in additional broth if mixture is too thick.
- Pour soup into serving bowls and garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Calories 264
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 262 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g