Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
For more about this recipe: Cream of the Crop: 5 Fall Superfoods to Feast On Now
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss squash, onion, and garlic with oil and salt. Spread on baking sheet, and roast 25 minutes. Add pears to baking sheet and continue roasting until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place broth, cashew or almond milk, roasted vegetables and fruit, maple syrup, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne in blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Blend in additional broth if mixture is too thick.
- Pour soup into serving bowls and garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Calories 264
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 262 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g