Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Members of the nightshade family, tomatillos are native to Mexico, and are a great source of fiber. Serve this fresh dip with organic chips. Two great options: Late July Organic Summertime Blues Multigrain Tortilla Chips and Beanitos Original Black Bean Chips. For more great vegan BBQ recipes, see: Get Your Grill on with These Vegan BBQ Recipes.
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa recipe
- Preheat broiler and move rack to top position. Arrange tomatillos, serrano chilies, garlic, and onions on large baking sheet. Broil 5-7 minutes, 6 inches from heat, until softened.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool until vegetables are easy to handle. Pull stems from chilies and remove skins from garlic.
- Combine vegetables in food processor with lime juice, cilantro, and salt. Process into a coarse purée.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve with chips.
- Calories 25
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 290 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g