Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
- Pour broth in slow cooker. Add onions and sweet potato.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/2 tsp. pepper. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large, heavy skillet; place chicken breasts flesh-side down, and sear 2 to 4 minutes.
- Arrange chicken breasts in slow cooker. Add whole garlic. Cover, and cook on low 3 to 5 hours, or until meat is cooked through and almost falling off bone. During last 30 minutes of cooking, sprinkle minced garlic, remaining 1 tsp. pepper, and paprika atop chicken breasts; add 4 rosemary sprigs.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and transfer to large plate. Remove bones, and divide chicken among 4 plates. Drizzle remaining 1 Tbs. oil over chicken, and garnish with additional rosemary sprigs
- Serving Size 1
- Calories 397
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 95 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 332 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g