Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
- Preheat oven to broil. Place salmon pieces on baking sheet, and coat evenly with 1½ Tbs. of oil.
- In shallow saucepan, cook shallot in remaining ½ Tbs. oil until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add wine, and bring to a boil. Add vegetable stock, return to boil, reduce heat slightly, and reduce liquid by half. Turn off heat, add butter and tarragon, and swirl pan until butter is just melted. Keep warm.
- Place fish in broiler, about 5-6 inches from heat. Broil, watching carefully, until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove to platter, drizzle with wine sauce, and serve immediately.
*The salmon should be sliced horizontally to make wide thin slices. Ask your fish guy to do this for you if you’re not familiar with cutting fish.
See also: A Toast to Organic Wines
- Calories 420
- Carbohydrate Content 1 g
- Cholesterol Content 95 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 150 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g