Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Serve this simple but delicious grill item with organic brown rice and grilled zucchini for a perfect late summer/very early autumn dinner. You can prepare the pesto ahead of time and refrigerate.
From article: Health Benefits of Walnuts.
- To make Pesto: combine all ingredients in food processor; blend just until coarsely puréed.
- To make Scallops and Mushrooms: Soak 4 wooden skewers in water. Heat grill to medium-high. Toss sea scallops and shiitakes with oil to lightly coat. Divide among four skewers. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, until scallops are barely cooked through and slightly opaque.
- Plate, and top with 1 Tbs of pesto. Serve remaining pesto on side.
- Calories 302
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 56 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 279 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g