Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
This vibrant salad throws off tropical vibes with ripe mango, fresh avocado, and fresh sushi-grade ahi tuna. This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it a fast way to get lunch or dinner on the table.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, place all dressing ingredients. Shake until combined. In a bowl, toss salad ingredients together. Set both aside.
- On a plate, combine sesame seeds and garlic powder. Press both sides of each tuna steak into the mixture. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high. Sear tuna to desired doneness, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes total for rare or 3 to 4 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Divide salad among plates; drizzle lightly with dressing. Slice tuna, arrange over salad and drizzle with additional dressing.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 638
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 33 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 428 mg
- Sugar Content 31 g