Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
This is a no rules recipe: add a protein like tofu, chicken or salmon to cook along with the sweet potatoes or change up the ingredients as you wish. Look for Middle Eastern za’atar in the spice section.
1. Grease a 9X13 quarter sheet pan with sides. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
2. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet, brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, turn over. Bake for another 15 minutes.
3. Place onion, chickpeas, zucchini, kale pieces in a bowl. Coat with remaining oil (about 3 tablespoons). Add za’atar seasoning and toss well to coat.
4. Push aside the sweet potatoes on the sheet pan. Spread the vegetables evenly out on the pan and return to oven for another 15 minutes or until the zucchini and onion are soft.
5. Stir together the tahini, honey and lemon juice.
6. Cut the sweet potatoes into 2-inch slices.
7. Divide quinoa evenly in each bowl. Arrange the vegetables over the quinoa and drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.