Shrimp & Sugar Snap Peas in Saffron Broth
This light, flavorful dish makes a perfect summer lunch, or add a green salad and some crusty bread for a refreshing dinner.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. O Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 medium white onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- Generous pinch of Rumi Spice Afghan Saffron Threads, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 16 large wild-caught shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 3 cups sugar snaps peas, halved
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in olive oil until translucent, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
2. Add vegetable broth, clam juice, saffron, and turmeric to pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Increase heat; add shrimp and snap peas to pot, cook until shrimp are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Divide among four bowls, garnish with parsley leaves.
- Calories 150
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 980 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g