“Nice cream” is the term for a healthy ice cream that’s made with little more than just bananas (which, understandably, is pretty nice, right?). It takes just a moment to create, as long as you freeze the bananas ahead of time. Here, it becomes the perfect base to add a generous cinnamon sweetness and adorn with a cookie-like crumble.
- 2 bananas
- 2 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbs. hemp seeds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Protein & Kale Simply Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Peel bananas and place in freezer bag. Freeze at least 2 hours, or overnight.
2. Make Snickerdoodle Topping: Place dates in food processor, and process until ground into fine bits. Add pecans, cinnamon, sea salt, and coconut oil, and process briefly until mixture looks like cookie crumbs. Transfer to small bowl, stir in the hemp seeds, and set aside.
3. Make Nice Cream: In shaker cup or glass, combine almond milk, protein powder, sea salt, and cinnamon. Mix or shake until well combined.
4. Working quickly to preserve frozen texture, slice each frozen banana into eight pieces, and place sections into food processor or high-speed blender. Add the almond milk mixture to bananas. Process briefly, stopping machine and scraping down sides as needed. When mixture begins to transform from chunky to “whipped” (like frozen yogurt), stop machine.
5. Immediately transfer to serving bowls, top with Snickerdoodle topping, and enjoy.
- Calories: 410
- Carbohydrate Content: 58 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Sodium Content: 460 mg
- Sugar Content: 36 g