Sorghum and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Tabbouleh Recipe
For more about this recipe: Homemade Pesto Recipe and Gluten-Free Salad…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Homemade Pesto Recipe and Gluten-Free Salad
- ½ cup sorghum, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto (see recipe below)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced (2 cups)
- 2 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil, parsley, or cilantro
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Combine sorghum and 1 cup water in medium saucepan; bring water to a boil. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour, or until grains are tender. Drain, and transfer to bowl.
- Stir pesto into hot sorghum, then allow mixture to cool. Once sorghum is cool, stir in remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let stand 1 hour or refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
- Calories 175
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 23 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g