- 1/4 safflower oil
- 1 large brown onion, sliced thick and quartered
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbs. Cajun Creole seasoning (try Frontier Co-Op Organic Cajun Seasoning Blend).
- 2 cans (2 1/2 cups) Ro-tel tomatoes
- 2 15-oz. cans white hominy
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs (or gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat inside of a 9x13 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onion and bell pepper, and cook until barely softened. Add squash, eggplant, garlic, and Cajun seasoning, and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and hominy.
- Transfer to a baking dish, and sprinkle top with breadcrumbs and cheese. Bake 25–30 minutes, until cooked through and browned on top.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 620 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g