Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Better Nutrition in the 1960s, Part 2
- Place garlic and beer in saucepan, and heat over low until simmering. Mix cornstarch with water, stirring to make paste, and stir into beer. Increase heat and cook beer until it boils and begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low. Add pumpkin seeds and cook 2 minutes.
- Add cheese and, using generous handfuls at a time, stir into beer until cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat until cheese is gone. Stir in green chiles.
- Transfer cheese mixture to fondue pot or crockpot. Keep fondue warm over alcohol burner or in crockpot over lowest setting.
- Calories 450
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 90 mg
- Fat Content 33 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 16 g
- Sodium Content 950 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g