Southwestern Style Salad Niçoise
Say goodbye to boring bagged salads and hello to this high-protein meal-in-a-bowl—it tastes as wonderful as it looks!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. green peppercorn Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. minced shallot
- 1 Tbs. O Olive Oil Jalapeño-Garlic olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Primal Kitchen avocado oil
- 2 cans American Tuna Wild Albacore Tuna with Jalapeño
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded California endive lettuce
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 6 pickled okra, cut into half-inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh raw corn kernels
- 1 large Persian cucumber cut into diagonal slices
- 12 jalapeño-stuffed green olives (or pimiento-stuffed olives for less heat)
- 1 small avocado, peeled and cut into quarters lengthwise
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make dressing: In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, mustard, and shallots, then whisk in olive and avocado oils.
Make salad: Place tuna, including juices, into medium bowl, break up slightly with fork, and stir to moisten evenly.
Lightly toss romaine and endive with 2 Tbs. dressing. Divide between two large, shallow salad bowls. Divide remaining ingredients between bowls with tuna in the middle of each. Drizzle 1 Tbs. dressing over each salad (you’ll have a little left over). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories 720
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 260 mg
- Fat Content 47 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 53 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 980 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g