Learn more: Paleo Basics.
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch/flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 large eggs
- 1–2 Tbs. coconut oil (or cooking fat of your choice)
Place squash in large bowl. If it’s too moist, wrap in paper towels and squeeze out excess liquid. Add arrowroot starch/flour, salt, green onion, and bacon, and stir to combine. Whisk eggs in a small bowl, add to the squash mixture, and stir to combine.
Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat pan, and when it’s hot, spoon squash mixture to form fritters of your desired size; ¼ cup per fritter works well.
Cook about 5 minutes, until fritters are crispy and browned on one side. Flip and continue cooking about 5 minutes more. Serve hot.
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 50 mg
- Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 170 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g