Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This unusual and fresh-tasting salad pairs beautifully with roasted chicken. For a gluten-free version, swap spelt for forbidden black rice.
- Bring spelt and water to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until tender, about 55-60 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Steam peas until just past hard but still crisp, about 1½ minutes. Rinse under cold running water, and halve peas with sharp knife.
- In medium bowl, combine spelt, peas, peaches, and pecans. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, add salt & pepper, and toss lightly.
- Mound in serving bowl, and top with shredded mint.
- Calories 172
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 7 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g