Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We love a good Chai latte. The warm spices paired with black tea tastes like heaven in a big mug. This coffee house–style drink gets an extra energy kick from medicinal mushrooms. Chaga, cordyceps, lion’s mane, and maitake mushrooms have been valued for their healing and immune-boosting properties in Eastern medicine for centuries, and this epic combination will add a delightful spark of energy and vibrancy to your day.
It’s a perfectly nutritious (and delicious!) way to fuel your mornings. You can make a large batch of the chai spice mix ahead of time so that you’re ready to quickly prepare a latte whenever you want.
- Mix chai spice ingredients together in small bowl.
- In a small pot over medium heat, heat milk to not-quite boiling. Stir in creamer and 1 tsp. chai spice mix.
- Store remaining chai spice mix in sealed jar for future lattes.
- Calories 120
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 200 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g