Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
You can easily make this cake gluten-free with all-purpose gluten-free flour and gluten-free whole-grain pastry flour (try Jovial Foods). For a sugar-free cake, use a 1:1 sugar replacement such as Ellyndale Foods Sugarless Sugar or Xlear Lite&Sweet.
Did you know?
Persimmons are at their peak from October through February.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with flour.
- Halve persimmon, and scoop out flesh. Discard skin, and purée flesh until smooth. (You should have 1 cup.)
- Whisk together flours, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- Beat butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1½ cups sugar, and continue to beat 1 minute, or until mixture is fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to very low, and add half of flour mixture. Add half of persimmon purée, then remaining flour mixture, followed by remaining persimmon purée, and ¼ cup yogurt. Transfer batter to prepared pan, and bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Transfer cake to wire rack. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Unmold, and cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Whisk together remaining 1¾ cups yogurt and remaining 2 Tbs. sugar in bowl. Serve cake with yogurt cream.
- Serving Size 1 slice cake with 2 Tbs. yogurt cream
- Calories 282
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 63 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 205 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g