See How the Jackfruit Company Got Started for the story behind this recipe.
- 2 10-oz. packages Jackfruit Company Tex-Mex jackfruit
- 2 Tbs. non-GMO safflower oil, plus extra for baking pan
- 1/2 small brown onion, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 fresh Hatch chile (or any mild green chile), seeded & thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh white corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup canned enchilada sauce (hot if you can take it!)
- 4 oz. fresh organic goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 burrito-size whole-grain tortillas
- Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Oil bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish (glass or ceramic is best).
2. In large skillet, heat 2 Tbs. oil over medium heat. Add onions and chiles, and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add corn, and cook 2 minutes more; add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add enchilada sauce and jackfruit, and cook until just heated through. Stir in goat cheese.
3. Warm tortillas slightly, covered, in oven or microwave. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 jackfruit mixture and place, seam-side down, in baking dish. Bake until thoroughly warmed, 12–15 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
- Calories: 450
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 31 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 830 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g