Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
For more about this recipe: Prostate Protection
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper ,and jalapeño , and cook 2 minutes, or until just tender. Stir in tempeh, and cook for 5–7 minutes longer, until tempeh is lightly browned, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Stir in garlic, tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 7 minutes, until vegetables are cooked through and flavors are blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place bottom half of each bun on four individual plates. Divide sloppy joe mix between roll bottoms. Cover with bun tops and serve immediately.
- Calories 430
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 830 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g