Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We used cream cheese, not flour, to thicken the sauce, and topped it with chopped almonds instead of bread crumbs. Or use keto-friendly bread as the topping.
For more about this recipe: Keto Thanksgiving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 9×9 glass baking dish with 1 Tbs. butter, and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter over medium heat in large skillet. Add chopped almonds, and toss to coat with butter. Transfer to shallow bowl, and stir in cheese.
- Add olive oil to skillet, and sauté onions 3 minutes. Add spinach in batches, stirring to mix with oil and adding more spinach as it wilts. Cover, and cook 1–2 minutes, until just wilted. Remove from heat, and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In heavy saucepan, combine cream and cream cheese, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Add white pepper and nutmeg, and season to taste with salt.
- Pour mixture over spinach, stirring once, and sprinkle almond and cheese mixture on top. Bake 15 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and top is golden. Serve immediately.
- Calories 450
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 40 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 18 g
- Sodium Content 430 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g