- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced into rings
- 1 cup spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 small (8 oz.) jar artichoke hearts, drained well and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Core cauliflower, break into florets, and place in food processor. Process on high until mixture resembles very coarse meal.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add cauliflower, and cook, stirring frequently, 5-6 minutes, until mixture is dry and just starting to turn golden. Let cool, and transfer to large bowl. Add flax, arrowroot, egg, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and salt. Mix thoroughly until well combined. Let stand 10 minutes until stiff.
- Divide mixture into four equal balls. Arrange two balls on one sheet of parchment. Roll each ball into a circle. Repeat with remaining two balls and baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, and remove from oven. Let cool briefly, carefully flip over, return to oven, and cook 7-10 minutes more, until edges are just golden.
- Remove from oven and top each pizza with sauce. Layer with onions, spinach, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms, and top with cheese. Return to oven and cook 5 minutes longer, until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 37 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 1040 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g