Red Fruit Salad
We’re celebrating Pick Strawberries Day with one of our all-time favorite recipes—Red Fruit Salad, featuring juicy strawberries, cooling watermelon, and sweet-and-sour cherry balsamic vinegar.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This versatile salad can be used as the base of everything from a light lunch to
a refreshing smoothie.
- Serve over mesclun greens for a refreshing lunch.
- Purée 1 cup fruit salad with 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt and 1 Tbs. local honey for a revivifying smoothie.
- Coarsely chop 1/2 cup fruit salad and add 1/2 tsp. minced fresh jalapeño. Serve as a relish for grilled fish or chicken.
Related: Detox-Style Diet
- 1 1/2 cups organic strawberries, halved
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon, cut into one-inch chunks
- 2 Tbs. cherry balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Meyer lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. shredded fresh mint leaves
- Grind of fresh black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in glass bowl, and gently toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour.