Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These fragrant lemon bars are wonderful eaten on the day they are made, to get the real zingy lemon hit. You can also experiment with other flavors—try them with lime juice and zest, grapefruit, blood orange, or even passionfruit.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix coconut flour, cashew butter, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla together in medium bowl.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and carefully press mix into bottom; spread as evenly as possible, and prick all over with fork.
- Cook about 15 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Reduce heat to 325°F. Remove tray and cool completely.
- For the filling: In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, erythritol, eggs, and corn starch until well- combined and lump-free. Pour mix carefully over base, and return to oven for 20 minutes, or until just set and a little wobbly.
- Remove and cool completely before cutting into bars. Sprinkle with erythritol, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Baking Without Sugar by Sophie Mitchell.
- Calories 120
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 80 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g