Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe
For more about this recipe: Homemade Pesto Recipe and Gluten-Free Salad…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Homemade Pesto Recipe and Gluten-Free Salad
- 3 oz. dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup packed fresh basil, parsley, or cilantro leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt, optional
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in small bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let soak 5 minutes, then drain, and discard liquid. Cool.
- Place tomatoes, basil (or parsley or cilantro leaves), and garlic in food processor, and process until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil in steady stream, and process until smooth. Season with salt (if using) and pepper.
- Serving Size 1 Tbs
- Calories 75
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 14 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g