Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
To make basil chiffonade, stack basil leaves, and cut crosswise into very thin strips. For more delicious recipes, see Fresh Pick: Tomatoes.
Super-Fast Fusilli with White Beans, Cherry Tomatoes, and Fresh Mozzarella recipe
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, uncovered, until al dente, about 8 minutes, or according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Stir in tomatoes and garlic, and cook for 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant. Stir in white wine and beans; bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes, until tomatoes are just tender and wine is evaporated. Stir in spinach leaves, and cook for 1 minute, until just wilted. Stir in cheese and basil, and mix well.
- Drain pasta. Add drained pasta to pan with vegetables, and toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide pasta between four serving plates, drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Calories 463
- Carbohydrate Content 69 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 590 mg
- Sugar Content 1.5 g