Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
To make basil chiffonade, stack basil leaves, and cut crosswise into very thin strips. For more delicious recipes, see Fresh Pick: Tomatoes.
Super-Fast Fusilli with White Beans, Cherry Tomatoes, and Fresh Mozzarella recipe
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, uncovered, until al dente, about 8 minutes, or according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Stir in tomatoes and garlic, and cook for 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant. Stir in white wine and beans; bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes, until tomatoes are just tender and wine is evaporated. Stir in spinach leaves, and cook for 1 minute, until just wilted. Stir in cheese and basil, and mix well.
- Drain pasta. Add drained pasta to pan with vegetables, and toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide pasta between four serving plates, drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Calories 463
- Carbohydrate Content 69 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 590 mg
- Sugar Content 1.5 g