This creamy, vegan breakfast drink will keep you going for hours, with no caffeine or sugar crashes. It's adaptable, too-just see the variations below. To freeze the banana, peel and slice, then freeze in a Pyrex container or Ziploc plastic bag.
- For a lighter smoothie, eliminate the avocado, and add 5 ice cubes before blending.
- For extra brain-boosting antioxidants, add 1/2 cup frozen blueberries.
- For an even creamier, denser smoothie, use 1/2 cup coconut milk in place of 1/2 cup of the almond milk.
- For a gentle caffeine boost, add 1 tsp. matcha green tea powder.
- For extra calcium and vitamin K, add 1 cup baby spinach leaves.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 medium avocado
1 scoop Green Foods True Vitality or other protein powder
1 scoop green foods powder
1 small frozen banana
Honey or stevia to taste
- Combine almond milk, avocado, protein powder, and green foods powder in blender. Purée until combined.
- Add frozen banana, and purée until thick and creamy. Sweeten to taste, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 318
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: -15 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 258 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g