Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more Cinco de Mayo recipes: Healthier Cinco de Mayo Menu
Food photography by Pornchai Mittongtare
Food styling by Jeanne Kelley
Prop styling by Robin Turk
Sweet Corn Gazpacho with Chipotle Crème
This flavorful, slightly chunky gazpacho is topped with fresh sweet corn kernels for substance and flavor. A light drizzle of spicy chipotle sour cream—thinned with water to reduce fat and make for easy drizzling—completes the dish, with few calories.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, onion, garlic, 1 cup tomato juice, vinegar, and olive oil in large bowl. Process in batches in a food processor until blended and chopped well, but not completely smooth. Add cilantro to last batch, and pulse to mix. Add remaining 1-2 cups of tomato juice to thin to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- While soup stands, using sharp knife, remove kernels from corn into small bowl, and set aside. Combine sour cream and chipotle powder in small bowl, and add 1-2 Tbs. of water to make a thin drizzling sauce.
- Transfer soup to serving bowls. Drizzle sour cream across surface. Shower with whole cilantro leaves and corn kernels, and serve immediately.
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 270 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g