Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Nobody will be the wiser that you snuck protein powder into this creamy sweet potato spread to turn the lunch wrap into an even bigger protein powerhouse. You can make it vegan-friendly by using plant protein powder and swapping out the chicken for tofu. You’ll likely end up with extra hummus, which can be used as a dip or for even more sandwiches.
- Steam or boil sweet potato until very tender. Let cool.
- Place cooked sweet potato, chickpeas, protein powder, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, paprika, cumin, and salt in food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Spread hummus on wraps, and place an equal amount of greens, chicken, carrot, and roasted red pepper on bottom third of each wrap. Roll wraps tightly, tucking in sides as you roll. Slice on bias.
If you love hummus as much as we do, you’ll want to try one of these delicious recipes:
- Serving Size Per wrap (with whey protein powder):
- Calories 540
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 74 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 1130 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g