For more Simply amazing midday meal ideas: What’s for Lunch?
- 1 Tbs. minced shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- ½ cup olive oil or pistachio oil
- 2 small heads frisee lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup raw peas or thawed frozen peas
- 1 small bunch red radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup ricotta salata, feta, or other hard, crumbly white cheese
- 2 4.5-oz. cans solid white tuna
- ½ cup pistachios for garnish
- In high-powered blender, food processor, or Vitamix, combine shallot, vinegar, mustard, pistachios, and oil. Purée until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine lettuce, peas, radishes, and cheese. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat leaves and toss to mix. Drain tuna, and add to salad; toss gently.
- Divide among four individual plates and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 570
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 43 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 420 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g