Tuna, Radish, Green Pea, & Frisee Salad with Pistachio Vinaigrette
This lively combination of flavors and textures works extremely well as a salad that’s a little out of the ordinary. The pistachio vinaigrette sports a brilliant green color that works on just about any salad. Fresh sweet peas are best, but frozen and thawed peas work as well.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
See more No Cook Summer Salad Recipes
- 1 Tbs. minced shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup olive oil or pistachio oil
- 2 small heads frisee lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup raw peas or thawed frozen peas
- 1 small bunch red radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup ricotta salata, feta, or other hard, crumbly white cheese
- 2 4.5-oz. cans solid white tuna
- 1/2 cup pistachios for garnish
- In high-powered blender, food processor, or Vita-Mix, combine shallot, vinegar, mustard, pistachios, and oil. Purée until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine lettuce, peas, radishes, and cheese. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat leaves and toss to mix. Drain tuna, and add to salad; toss gently.
- Divide among four individual plates and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve immediately.
- Calories 570
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 43 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 420 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g