Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Unlike other green tea leaves that are steeped then strained, with matcha tea you’re actually consuming dried and powdered leaves, which means this tea is packed with antioxidants and offers a sustained energy boost.
For more about this recipe: Healing Teas
- In a small saucepan, gently warm milk with vanilla and nutmeg. Increase temperature to achieve a soft, rolling boil, then immediately remove from heat.
- Whisk in matcha powder until frothy.
- Add honey and serve warm or, in warm weather, you can simply whisk all the ingredients together and serve cold.
- Calories 80
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 150 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g