Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Unlike other green tea leaves that are steeped then strained, with matcha tea you’re actually consuming dried and powdered leaves, which means this tea is packed with antioxidants and offers a sustained energy boost.
For more about this recipe: Healing Teas
- In a small saucepan, gently warm milk with vanilla and nutmeg. Increase temperature to achieve a soft, rolling boil, then immediately remove from heat.
- Whisk in matcha powder until frothy.
- Add honey and serve warm or, in warm weather, you can simply whisk all the ingredients together and serve cold.
- Calories 80
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 150 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g