Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Mix half the flax with 6 tablespoons of water and set aside. Spread cauliflower on layers of paper toweling or clean dish cloths; roll up to squeeze out as much excess water as possible. Transfer to a food processor. Add flax and water mixture. Add remaining ground flax, almond flour, salt, and pepper. Process to form a thick dough.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet, using your hands to form a rectangle or a circle. Bake for 12 minutes until set and golden.
- While crust is baking, make “cheese”: combine cashews, yeast, coconut oil, salt, and garlic powder in a food processor and process until finely ground. Set aside.
- Remove cooked crust from oven and layer with onion, garlic, spinach, olives, basil, and “cheese.” Return to oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Calories 310
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 740 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g