You Won’t Believe this Decadent Holiday Sundae Is Vegan
Ice cream for the holidays? After you taste this vegan sundae -- yes, it's vegan! -- you'll be ready to begin a whole new December tradition.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Made with Sacred Serve plant-based gelato, this deceptively wholesome vegan sundae will wow your taste buds—and your guests.
Sacred Serve Vegan Holiday Sundae
- 2 oz. Alter Eco Classic Blackout Organic Dark Chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup organic coconut milk
- 20 O Organics Organic Vanilla Wafers
- 2 10-oz. containers Sacred Serve Tigernut Cookies N Creme plant-based gelato
- 1 large banana, cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbs. Ziba Foods Heirloom Almonds - Shakhurbai, chopped
- Make chocolate sauce: Place chopped chocolate in small heatproof bowl. Heat coconut milk to simmer, pour over chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes, then whisk to make a smooth sauce.
- Line four dessert bowls with 5 vanilla wafers each. Place 1 scoop Sacred Serve gelato in center of each bowl. Divide sliced bananas and blueberries among bowls. Drizzle chocolate sauce over and scatter almonds on top. Serve immediately.
- Calories 410
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 190 mg
- Sugar Content 31 g