Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Fiery, sweat-inducing capsaicin is found mostly in the white pith (and the seeds that come into contact with the pith), so devein and seed the chile if you want to cut back on spiciness.
- Make dressing: In a blender or food processor, purée dressing ingredients until smooth. (Or, for a chunkier texture, mince the garlic, chop the mint and whisk all ingredients together.) Set aside.
- Make salad: In a medium skillet on medium, heat oil. Add shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, turning halfway, until shrimp are pink and opaque, about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, sprouts, cucumbers, carrot, chile and peanuts. Top with shrimp and drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Serving Size 1/6 of salad
- Calories 234
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 68 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 205 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g