Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
This easy, vegan pate is packed with skin-healing nutrients and healthy fats, and makes an easy party appetizer. If you don’t have time to soak the walnuts, substitute walnut butter. Vary the herbs if you like; basil and thyme work well instead of rosemary; or add crushed red pepper flakes for a little spiciness. Serve with crackers or thinly sliced cucumber rounds.
For more about this recipe: Dry Skin SOS
- Combine 1/3 cup walnuts with water to cover by 2 inches. Let soak 4 hours or overnight. Drain, rinse, and pat dry.
- Combine walnuts, olives, coconut oil, 1 tsp. chopped rosemary, garlic, and black pepper in food processor. Process until blended, but still coarse.
- Line one large or two small ramekins with plastic wrap (or coat ramekin with coconut oil). Transfer mixture to ramekin, and pack down tightly. Refrigerate 3–4 hours.
- To serve, turn ramekin over onto one or two small serving dishes. Remove ramekin and plastic wrap (if you skipped the plastic wrap, run a butter knife around the edges of ramekin before turning onto plates). Garnish with remaining walnuts, rosemary, and coarse sea salt if using, and serve.
- Calories 30
- Carbohydrate Content 1 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 30 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g