This appetizer or savory dessert is a crowd pleaser. Feel free to substitute grapes with strawberries threaded on bamboo skewers.
- 1 Brie wheel
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 large bunches green or red grapes, washed and dried
- 1 cup coconut milk, in a shallow dish
- 1 cup organic sugar, in a shallow dish
- French bread, sliced thinly
- Preheat grill to 375°F. Place Brie on piece of foil large enough to wrap it well. Remove handful of grapes from stems, cut in half, and place on top of the Brie until the top is fully covered in grape halves. Pour extra virgin olive oil and honey over top. Bring foil up to the sides and wrap brie well.
- Place remaining grapes in coconut milk, and coat well. Transfer to sugar, and spoon it over grapes to coat.
- Place cheese and grapes on grill, and close cover. Grill cheese abut 5–10 minutes. Turn grapes when caramelized, about 8–10 minutes on each side. Serve cheese and grapes on platter with French bread.
- Calories: 520
- Carbohydrate Content: 75 g
- Cholesterol Content: 40 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 450 mg
- Sugar Content: 52 g